Furniture maker Christopher Beidel builds a storage bed. (See below for a shopping list and tools.)
Click here to SUBSCRIBE to the official This Old House YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c...
How to Build a Tool Storage Cabinet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBT7K...
How to Install a Garage Storage System: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBFjI...
How to Build a Storage Chest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLB4a...
Shopping List for How to Build a Storage Bed:
- 3/4-inch medium-density fiberboard (MDF). Get five 4-by-8-foot sheets.
- 3/8-inch MDF beadboard panels. Get two 4-by-8-foot sheets.
- 1x2 primed MDF trim. Get eleven.
- 8-foot lengths, for the stiles, rails, and cap.
- 2x4s. Get three 8-footers.
- Victorian-era door-casing kit, (includes rosettes)
- 1/2x 3 lattice strip shoe molding. Get 20 feet.
- 1 1/4-, 1 1/2-, and 2-inch MDF screws
- 2 1/2-inch deck screws
- 1 1/2-inch 18-gauge brads
- Construction adhesive
- Wood glue
- 3/4-inch quarter-round
- 150-grit sandpaper
- Primer and paint
Tools for How to Build a Storage Bed:
- Long bar clamps
- Circular saw
- Drill/driver or impact driver
- Miter saw
- Brad nailer or nail gun
- Jigsaw or Japanese handsaw
- Paint roller and tray
- caulk gun
Follow This Old House: