- Stocking supplies now by picking up an extra non-perishable food item each week when grocery shopping.
- Reviewing your insurance policies to make sure your needs are still being met and premiums are up-to-date.
- Ensuring copies of important papers such as insurance policies, birth certificates, and other documentation are kept in a waterproof bag in a secure location such as a safe deposit box or home safe.
- Performing routine home maintenance. For example, home shutters can be checked for proper anchors, screws, panels, and other maintenance.
- Talking to those close to you about personal safety and communication plans.
- Recognizing vulnerabilities and make sure you have considered that in your plans. This may include family, children, pets and the elderly.
Valuable planning tools and checklists can be found at: www.floridadisaster.org/family.