If you are interested in applying for a FORTIFIED designation, the process requires completion of many of the following steps prior to construction start:
- Identify the natural perils that your FORTIFIED project must address.
- Review the FORTIFIED Standards Guide to confirm design and material requirements for applicable perils.
- Complete the appropriate self-assessment checklist(s) to verify the project’s readiness to meet Fortified requirements.
- Send the checklist(s) to the FORTIFIED Program Administrator for review and contact him to discuss the project further.
- Engage a licensed professional to create a design that meets FORTFIED requirements.
- Through IBHS, find an approved FORTIFIED Project Manager you can engage to verify the design, approve the project, supervise inspections, and provide IBHS with necessary documentation.
- Receive a FORTIFIED designation after final approval by IBHS.
Van Hibberts, CMI Certified with IBHS Fortified for Safer Living.
Certified Residential Building Code Inspector ICC-5319905
IBHS Fortified Certified Inspector #FEV32561020109
ARA Certified Inspector #20302 (Applied Research Associates)
Florida-State Certified Master Inspector Lic. #HI 89
Certified Owens-Corning Roof Data Inspector
Florida-Certified Wind Mitigation Inspector
WDO Certificate #JE190791
362 Gulf Breeze Parkway, #214
Gulf Breeze, Florida 32561
850.485.3209 (Cell / Text Msg)